Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Tasks











Sorry it's been a while since I last posted. I always do a Thanksgiving play in November so it was a crazy month!




Here are a few descriptions of the work I've put out for December. A little late for some of you, but you can file it away for next year, if you like them.








Trim a Tree Subtraction: My kids are always so excited about the Christmas tree and I wanted to make it something that went along with what we are learning. So I created this task. The students choose any number of ornaments they want to work with. They put some on the tree, take some off, and see how many are left. I have slips of paper for them to record their equations on.








Star Equations: I have 4 sets of these out for my kids. I found these cool trays as well as the stars which were garland at Dollar General after Christmas for 90% off so I paid $.10 each. The kids use the I put stars in the bottom 2 points for them to use. They use the top three for addition or subtraction and record their equations on a slip of paper.








No comments:

Post a Comment